Well hello folks,
its been a few weeks since I last informed you about our progress. I gotta say things were coming together really nicely but we’re now looking at 1.11 and decided to push back the release of Episode 2 by one or two weeks in order to get it running on 1.11 instead of 1.10, which will allow you to access some of the new features, at the same time allowing us to use the new 1.11 monsters in bloodmines and for other things…
Anyways, here is some stuff that is new:
- The Medium Tier income system is mostly done and you will really like it, it adds some new elements to the server allowing for towns to make good money without forcing them to just kill monsters or chop down trees for ages.
- Treasurehunts now start at random intervals and draw their loot from 3 loot lists instead of one, assuring you to always find Money in them, Valuables, and a chance for the classic treasurehunt loot you’ve seen in Episode 1. With treasurehunts starting at random intervals there now also can be more than one treasurechest in the map at once, in which case using the watch item will only show you how far away the closest one is.
- You’re gonna love the new fire mine. Also even with fire protection potions this mine is no longer going to be a walk in the park.
- New cannon types (as seen in the featured image).
- You will find harder mobs the further away from spawn you are.
- The map is a whole bunch bigger now. It uses to be 6k x 6k and now it is 8k x 8k.
- Elytra. We haven’t decided yet how exactly it will be implemented, but it will certainly be made available for you to craft and use. Dont think of it as much as a long distance glider, thats not what its gonna be. Think of it more as a parachute.
Episode 2 is NOT coming in November as was originally announced. I know we have said it would, but it is NOT coming in November due to 1.11. We want to be able to make use of the 1.11 features, and you will enjoy seeing them in action on Skylands Adrift. It is a win-win situation, and I gotta thank you for your patience.
Other news include that the user MineShaft87, who has contributed greatly to the Episode 1 release, has been promoted to staff. He is NOT a moderator, but he is a builder now, advisor and eventually also a supporter.
Besides that, we have several changes in our developer section. ByteBit has stopped playing Minecraft and coding new plugins, and we really thank him alot for all the awesome work he has done. He will still be updating his plugins for us, but dont expect to see anything new from him. His places takes Golui, member of the Episode 1 town “Trump-City” (please dont get politically offended), awesome guy and very good developer. The improved and new biomes of Episode 2 are his work! In addition to Golui, we also officially welcome LegoF4 and Ciulerson2 to the development team. LegoF4 has actually been with us for a while, and Ciulerson2 has recently joined us a few weeks ago and has been doing a great job turning our concept for the Medium Income System into an actual feature.
Apart of this, like I already mentioned in previous posts, 5$ donators and above may take one of their ships into Episode 2. It will be waiting for you at Traders’ Harbour for you to explore the skies with. Chest contents and valuables like cannons, bookshelfes and enchantment tables will obviously be removed to prevent donators from having too much of an advantage over new players. If you wish to donate, you can do so here:
Have a nice day everybody, and dont lose faith in us!
Founder, Server Designer